Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Olympics in Vancouver, BC - BC Place

I wanted to paint some Olympic themed images of Vancouver for my clients prior to my trip to the Olympics to assist with the execution of a sponsor program. I struggled to find the iconic images that were so easy to compose in my Summer Olympic series surrounding the Beijing Olympics. Since I painted Beijing's "Birds Nest" stadium, I thought painting BC Place would be a complimentary image. Wrong! Its a dome. I feel bad saying it, but this is not an architectural marvel. I do not look at this and wonder in amazement how it was made. Rather, I wonder in amazement why it was made.

Stay tuned for some other Vancouver Olympic themed work I did. I was dissatisfied with the result of this painting, so I kept trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment