Sunday, November 1, 2009



It's Halloween. Can you guess what we decided to be?



iPhones!

Our costumes were a big hit, and I carefully painted each app! Unlike most of my other work, I painted the apps that made up our costumes using acrylic paints on reclaimed fabric. You may also notice the fabric "puff paint" I used in the Yelp app to add some dimension and shine. I wanted to make a homemade costume that was current, relevant, and inexpensive to produce, but once I started painting 40 apps, I realized I set myself up for a complicated project. It took more time then I anticipated, but everything was completed in time for the big weekend. In the photo above, we are posing in front of a Mondrian at SfMOMA's Curiosities Party. Thanks to Celestine for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment